Professional Work Portfolio

Hello! My name is Francesco Palumbo.  I've always known that I wanted to work in sports management, and have been committed to expanding my knowledge and expertise in the industry. Throughout the course of my journey so far, my career includes experiences working with the following organizations:


Below, you'll find a collection of some of my work, including published pieces and noteworthy projects.

I'm always excited to take on new challenges. Please reach out if you have any questions or inquiries. 

Thank you for taking the time to check out my portfolio. ~ Francesco Palumbo

☆ While serving as the Senior Event & Venue Manager for the 2023 World University Games, I was able to create an accredited course and teach as an adjunct instructor at SUNY Canton:

7 News WWNYTV video/article

☆ On November 6, 2022, I released The Bodacious Bears, a documentary I had been working on for two years.  I directed, wrote, edited, and produced the film:

St. Lawrence Plaindealer article

SUNY Potsdam Athletics article

IMDB Page

The Bodacious Bears (2022) - YouTube

The crowd celebrating Coach Jerry Welsh and the success of the Potsdam Bears at the Premiere of The Bodacious Bears

☆ Following Hurricane Maria in 2017, I worked with the Clemente Family & SUNY Canton to assist in assembling relief efforts for Puerto Rico:

Blog that ran as a featured article

SUNY Canton Baseball with the family of Roberto Clemente

☆ As graduate students in the McCormack Sport Management program at the University of Massachusetts, we concluded our studies with a semester-long consultation with MarketCast. The project corresponded with our Market Research class and our task was to investigate the evolving trends surrounding sport media.

MarketCast Research & Presentation

Our team of consultants for the research we put together for MarketCast. Click to view full presentation

☆ As an intern with the Tri-City ValleyCats (Houston Astros affiliate) Minor League Baseball team in 2018, I managed social media, marketing, photography, videography, and public relations. Some of that work can be seen in the coverage put together following each game: 

"Superhero Night"

Fourth of July, 2018

After extensively researching each of the teams in the Astros’ organization, I recognized a correlation and put together the following graphic and tweet: ValleyCats Tweet

Once I created and posted the graphic to social media, notable retweets and engagement with the post came from the official Astros account, and from General Manager Jeff Luhnow: Luhnow Quote Retweet

I took the photo below, which was also shared on the official Minor League Baseball account:


I also took the following photos which feature ValleyCats Manager Jason Bell, and players Enmanuel Valdez, Carlos Machado, Felipe Tejada, Jeremy Pena, Austin Dennis, Luis Encarnacion, and Michael Wielansky wearing our 1980's hockey-inspired jerseys.
Our coverage from that night went viral and was picked up by many major networks:
Here is a Bardown Article covering our "Hockey Night" Jerseys. 


☆ 2018 SUNY Canton Sports Management Golf Classic
As a senior in the SUNY Canton Sports Management field, three of my classmates and I organized a golf tournament to help raise money for the department:

☆ 2017 Internship with Steiner Sports
In the summer of 2017, I had the honor of being selected as an intern at Steiner Sports.  It was one of the most impactful experiences of my life in terms of personal and professional growth, setting an incredible foundation for me to learn from very early on in my career. Below is a collection of some of the work I made as a Marketing and Media intern. Most of this was done on Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. 


☆ 2015 Interview with Dave Matthews Band saxophonist, Jeff Coffin
An article I wrote on Jeff Coffin of the Dave Matthews Band. I contacted and conducted the interview with Mr. Coffin prior to his show at Saratoga Springs in 2015, all on my own accord. The article was then published by several newspapers in upstate New York: Article

☆ Awards:
In addition to playing NCAA baseball throughout college, I worked four jobs regularly while maintaining a 3.8+ GPA. This motivation and level of involvement continues today. I am trustworthy, hard-working, loyal, and an absolute team player. 

Thank you for your time in reviewing my portfolio. For any inquiries, please feel free to contact me at:

francescopalumbo2015@gmail.com
315-261-3149


2022 Assistant Modified Baseball Coach:











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MarketCast Portfolio